I'm an enthusiastic French software engineer. My main interests include data science, software architecture, and optimization. I've studied software engineering in general, and data analysis in particular in France and Russia.
AutoGrid 2018-12-01 —
We built an energy data management platform for Total that allows energy market actors to cooperate efficiently, visualize their data and extract valuable insights, and manage their devices in the field.
- Wrote Python services that now handle sensitive and complex time-series in realtime in production every day.
- I had the occasion to work both on a large kubernetes cluster and embedded real-time devices with limited resources.
- Built insightful data visualizations with Grafana.
- Modeled a large multivariate optimization problem in Tensorflow
Qwant 2017-09-04 — 2018-12-01
Qwant is a search engine that does not track its users. It has the largest web index in Europe, the quality of which I contributed to. I was a member of the core 'data' team, working on the company's web crawlers, databases (indices), and data analysis tools.
- created a machine-learning model for the classification of user searches (using distributed word-embedding and clustering in Spark)
- Contributed to the crawlers, fixed many data-quality issues.
- Built data visualization tools.
ERDF 2015-04-01 — 2015-08-05
ERDF (now Enedis) is the largest french electric network compagny. I interned as a data scientist, and built a workload prediction tool.
- used python with ipython, numpy, scipy and scikit-learn
- worked with an SQL database of over 10 million datapoints describing the evolution of electric consumption over ~5 years at several points in the distribution network.
- Built a web application to access the previsions.
WBO Online Whiteboard 2013-08-27 —
WBO is a fun side-project I'm working on in my free time. It's a free and opensource collaborative online whiteboard.
- ~4000 daily connections on the official instance, constantly growing
- Collaborating with onther contributors on Github
Dezoomify Image Downloader 2013-12-29 —
I develop a suite of opensource tools to download zoomable images from museum websites. Also a very fun side-project, that taught me a lot.
- hundreds of websites supported
- started as a personnal tool, now has thousands of daily users
Bauman Moscow State University 2015-09-01 — 2017-07-01
- Master's thesis: implement, compare, and model several distributed join algorithms on Spark
- Relational algebra
- Post-relational databases
- Queuing theory
- UML modeling
- Project management
- Human factors
École Centrale de Nantes 2013-09-01 — 2015-07-01
- General engineering
- Object-oriented programming
- Functional programming
Front-end web development
Back-end software development
- I found several security vulnerabilities in Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and a Mozilla website, and got awarded bug bounties from Mozilla and Google.
- I love playing root-me.org challenges, and am an avid information security news reader.
- Played in Centrale Nantes' theater company
- Practiced at Centrale Nantes
- Practiced in Moscow
- contributing code
- reporting bugs